We are currently at home en masse due to the Coronavirus. We work from home, only come out when necessary, and almost everything is closed. Because the hairdressers are also closed, it is no longer possible to have our hair colored by a professional. Would you still like to get started with hair coloring and obtain beautiful results? Or do you just want to maintain your colored hair without them losing their color? In this blog you will find tips on how to do this, without having to leave the house.
Choose the color that suits you
The first step is to choose a coloring that suits you. At Optiphar you will find hair coloring from various well-known brands such as Phyto, Herbatint, Hennaplus and more.
You can search for a hair color based on your preference. Do you suffer from gray hair or not yet? Is your hair already colored or is this your natural hair color? These are all things that you should take into account before you start working. Herbatint ‘s Color Finder will give you some suggestions for hair coloring after you answer these questions.
Keep in mind that if you want to dye your hair in a color that is far from your own color, it is best to have this done by a professional for the best results. In this case it is better to play it safe to avoid possible disappointments. With the Herbatint hair coloring you can lighten your hair 1 to 2 tones, keep your own hair color or darken your hair color and cover gray hair. Phyto hair colorings are ideal for covering gray hair or coloring your hair darker.
When choosing a hair color, it is also important to look at the color nuances: warm or cool.
Warm color shades are, for example, gold and copper. They give the hair a nice, warm shine. These colors are suitable for people with a warm (yellow undertone) or neutral skin color.
Cool shades of color are, for example, acajou and ash. These are suitable for those with light, cool skin tones. These colors intensify the base color.
Step-by-step plan to color your hair yourself
- Wash your hair 24-48 hours before coloring your hair. In this way, the natural oils in your hair ensure that the coloring binds better with your hair.
- Before you start coloring, cover your clothes well with a towel.
- Comb your hair carefully until you have no more knots .\4 . Mix the paint to the right proportion : this is indicated in the instructions of your hair coloring. The instructions differ depending on the brand. Always read the package leaflet carefully and follow it as closely as possible.
- put on glovesbefore you start colorluded) hairbrush.
- Divide your hair into 4 large sections , and divide these sections again. Dividing the hair into sections ensures that you don’t forget to dye hair strands.
- . When applying the coloring it is best to start at the top and work your way down. If you want to color the roots, keep the coloring a little longer on your natural hair color at the top and then apply (if necessary) to the rest of the hair.
- Repeat until the entire hair (or outgrowth) is covered with hair dye.
- Set a timer and let the hair dye set for as long as the instructions indicate
- Rinse the hair color thoroughly until the water runs clear .
Care products to maintain colored hair
Once you’ve dyed your hair in the color you like, you naturally want to enjoy it for as long as possible. That is why it is important to maintain dyed hair with the right products. At Optiphar you will find care products from top brands such as Furterer, Phyto, Biosilk, Klorane, Herbatint and many more. Here you will find color enhancing shampoos and conditioners to make colored hair shine for longer. With a mask for colored hair you also ensure that the hair is intensely hydrated and cared for and your color gets an extra boost . So be sure to invest in some care products that have been specially developed for colored hair. These contain different ingredients than your usual hair products. Below you will find shampoos, masks and conditioners for colored hair.
Tips to maintain colored hair
Do not wash your hair too often and always use a special shampoo for colored hair.
Rinse the shampoo out with lukewarm water.
Use a color-treated hair conditioner after every wash.
Do not comb or brush your hair too long and too rough.
Try not to blow-dry and style your hair too often. If you do, use heat-protective products .
Protect your hair color from the sun by wearing a hat or using a special hairspray. Your hair color changes under the influence of sunlight. At Optiphar we also have special sun protection for the hair .